It’s not everyday that we get to dress up, so we love this vintage inspired hairstyle for prom. Go for an old Hollywood glam style with smooth curls that will stay in place for an entire night of dancing. And trust us, this hairstyle is actually waaaaaay easier to do than it looks!
How to Get The Look:
- Start by spraying a heat protectant spray all over your hair. Want to try a natural heat protectant? Here’sour favourite all natural methods for protecting your hair.
- Part your hair to the side.
- Then split your hair in half into two separate sections. Secure the thicker of the sections out of the way using a hair tie.
- Starting with the thinner section, take a 1 1/2 inch curling wand and wrap a one inch piece away from your face. Curling away from your face enhances the vintage look for this hairstyle.
- Keep the wand pointing downwards and hold until the hair is warm. Slide the wand out to let go.
- Avoid starting the curl too close to the roots of your hair by your ears. You can start the curls higher the further you get away from your ear.
- Repeat this process until all the hair from this section is curled.
- Lightly spritz this side of your hair with hairspray once complete.
- Untie the other section of hair from the other side of your head. Start at the back side of this section and curl a one inch thick piece, again, away from your face.
- Once you have reached the hair that is closest to your ear, reverse the direction you curl your hair to towards your face instead.
- For the very front last section of your hair, wrap this piece more tightly around the barrel towards your face to achieve the perfect vintage wave in the front.
- Once this side is completed, lightly spritz with hairspray.
- Using a tangle teaser brush, lightly comb through your curls to turn them into softer waves.
- Spritz a little more hairspray to smooth down any fly-aways.f you’re planning to dance the night away, have a look at our best pointers on making your curls extra extra long here!